Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Wishlist: Terranea Spa

This is a multipart series of the places I hope to visit at some point! I've been hardcore crushing on these spas for a while now. If money was no option, these are the Los Angeles spas I'd run (not walk) to try.

The Spa at Terranea has been on my coveted list for some time now. Set in an ultraluxe oceanfront resort on the Palos Verdes Peninsula, the 50,000 square foot spa overlooks the ocean. Literally. Every description I read makes me foam at the mouth: reviews/articles mentioning sightings of dolphins and whales while lounging poolside, heated saltwater pool, cold-plunge pool, fitness center, sauna, steam room, whirlpool and a few other amenities. This is the type of spa where you are meant to spend the day at. I don't think one could rationalize the price tag otherwise.

The amenities alone aren't what strikes my eye (a day pass could be had for sixty dollars). The Circadian Rhythm-inspired treatment menu looks divine. While the menu describes these in a much more lavish manner, I'll spare you the verbosity on the two treatments I'm eyeing:

Oil and Water: A laminaria oil massage followed by a sea salt exfoliation and ending with a cold-friction rub. 90 minutes/ $245/ morning or early afternoon treatment

El Segundo Blue: A 'rhythmic' aromatherapy massage proceeded by a sea blue mineral clay wrap. Finishes with a head and scalp massage. 90 minutes/ $245/ late afternoon or evening

They are offering a Summer Spa Sampler through August 31st that gives you the choice of two mini-treatments for $125! Available Monday-Thursday.


Disclaimer: I have no connections to Terranea in any manner. I just really want to check them out! None of the links provide any compensation or affiliate bonuses for myself. The links are purely for information purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment