Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Detox: Day 2

As outlined, I'm forgoing alcohol, caffeine from coffee, sugar, dairy, wheat, non-oceanic animal protein and eggs for seven days. Essentially, I'm sticking to organic produce, grains and legumes.

Today was super easy up until the drive home. It seems like this is going to be the most crucial part of the day for me in a make-it-or-break-it sense. I felt full throughout my day at work and energy levels never flagged. I didn't even have a cup of green tea for trace caffeine! However, the moment I was trapped in my car for the drive home, all I could think about was the fact that I was going to have the same meal for the third time in 24 hours. In addition, I came to the conclusion that choosing to do this while my boyfriend is out of town may not have been the best idea. He is a slim guy and can take or leave eating dinner. Hence, I often feel slightly guilty when I make myself a meal and he chooses not to eat. With him gone for this week, the drive home turned into a "I wish I could go here tonight..." internal monologue. Contemplation was put into high-end places I have gift cards for; one of which being a sleek sushi place right on my drive home. Their sashimi plate would still fit into the detox...




... realistically though, I knew I couldn't resist the temptation of one of the restaurant's many other signature items: miso cod, kobe filets topped with foie gras medallions, or tuna atop crispy rice.

I exercised willpower like no other and instead came home to eat my Mediterranean Quinoa dish. However, I doctored it up a little by adding another handful of fresh sliced cherry tomatoes and torn basil right off the plant. It tasted fantastically and fresher than the leftovers from lunch.No kidding though, I feel hungrier now after eating dinner than earlier. I'm going to have to figure out dessert.

Breakfast- green smoothie: strawberries, kale, cucumber, blueberries and a little organic unsweetened almond milk for liquid base. Blending this didn't get any easier today! It seems the kale clogs up the blades until it finally liquefies it.

Mid-Morning Snack- raw cashews

Lunch- mediterranean quinoa with sea critters: quinoa, olive oil, garlic, zucchini, grape tomato, basil, oregano, garbanzo beans, calamari, scallops and shrimp.

Mid-Afternoon Snack- banana

Dinnermediterranean quinoa with sea critters: quinoa, olive oil, garlic, zucchini, grape tomato, basil, oregano, garbanzo beans, calamari, scallops and shrimp. I then topped it with a handful of sliced grape tomatoes and fresh basil.

Dessert- possibly raw almonds drizzled with organic honey OR banana with nutmeg and raw almond slivers

Odd fact: There's a white coating on my tongue. Weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment