Monday, August 15, 2011

Detox: Day 1

As outlined, I'm forgoing alcohol, caffeine from coffee, sugar, dairy, wheat, non-oceanic animal protein and eggs for seven days. Essentially, I'm sticking to organic produce, grains and legumes.

I got through today much easier than anticipated. Don't get me wrong, I spent a majority of the day on the slightly hungry side and nearly pulled over to grab some food on the drive home. However, there was no way I was failing on my first day.

Breakfast- green smoothie: strawberries, kale, cucumber, lime, crushed flax seed and a little organic unsweetened almond milk for liquid base. I had some difficulties blending this, but it tasted great!

Mid-Morning Snack- banana

Lunch- A very weird yet delicious salad: spinach, cucumber, zucchini, grape tomato, avocado, homemade hummus and raw cashews. All together. In one bowl. Mmmm.

Mid-Afternoon Snack- frozen grapes

Dinner- mediterranean quinoa with sea critters: quinoa, olive oil, garlic, zucchini, grape tomato, basil, oregano, garbanzo beans, calamari, scallops and shrimp.


I can't begin to describe how delicious my dinner was!


Odd fact: While I rarely eat cucumber, I realized I consumed half of a cucumber between my breakfast and lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment