Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Under Ten: Trader Joe's Virtuoso Lip Balm

For all you lip-lickers out there, Trader Joe's Virtuoso Lip Balm is the second most moisturizing lip product I've come across thus far (first place: Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm). I have a nervous habit of unconsciously licking my lips when under stress at work. I don't even realize it until the next morning when my poor little lips are parched and taut.



While I love my lipglosses, I prefer just basic shiny, silky, smooth balm for everyday wear. Virtuoso glides on slick and doesn't have any waxy qualities(which I hate). In addition, it comes in a chapstick tube, which is much more convenient for applying than the lip balms that are in tins. They retail for 2.99 for a 3-pack here in California; which means they come out to be less than a dollar each!

Beyond the physical preference of the product, the ingredients are nifty too: Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Beeswax, Organic Jojoba Oil, Vitamin E, Essential Oil of Spearmint, Shea Butter, Rosemary Extract, Organic Comfrey, Organic Calendula, Organic St. John's Wort. This equates to the lip balm being comprised of 50% organic materials. Did I mention it is also SPF 15?

Disclosure: I purchased myself... over and over.

No comments:

Post a Comment